Sunday, 6 January 2013

Is movement impossible?

Been thinking further about The History of Philosophy podcast episode 008 about Zeno... Wow. The more I think about it the whole idea of an infinite number of places you have to travel through the more I think what a brilliant idea it is to break things down like this.

Not in a reductionist way, but in a metaphysical way... so what is space? Is most of the stuff we see is actually made of space, how do you measure the relationship between the things because the space is effectively infinite between each point? And what about time?

Fascinating stuff - I thought that ethics was the area that was interesting me most, and getting me back into thinking about what it is to be, but it turns out that actually metaphysics is pretty appealing, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment