Saturday, 5 January 2013

Repairs, retro and repletion

The RPi MAME image had to be redone - it seems that reconfiguring to use the whole 8Gb card before sticking a load of ROMs on there is safer. I had encountered a bit of a problem with the sound going wobbly (in fact just screeching) but a fresh set up and half an hour later - delayed because I made a bit of a hash of resetting the overscan in config.txt, it should have been less - and Track & Field was running nicely.

Shame the Gauntlet and NBA Jam are too much for the poor little Pi to handle, but... fun nonetheless, and a learning experience. I never knew ssh sessions could be such fun!

With the New Year also comes the sense that one has eaten and drunk too much over the festive period, but more significantly the sense that enough is enough in other aspects of life.

So to address this I'm delighted to say that I've started putting my CV 'out there' and seeing if things can start happening. I'm also more regularly writing my plans and thoughts down (like here!) as research suggests that this makes them more likely to happen because I have committed to them etc. Or something like that.

Final thought for now - I do rather like The History of Philosophy without any gaps, just listened to Episode 8 yesterday. Fascinating stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment