Thursday, 7 February 2013

Choosing the right filesystem

GRRRRRR!

Yes, I've just had to perform multiple reinstalls, because in its infinite wisdom the first go at sticking Lubuntu on top of a working AntiX system failed to recognise that I'd used ext2 for speed, and so ate up the whole disk.

Cue a reinstall of AntiX first, then Lubuntu (which then insisted on using the WHOLE empty space...) and then back into AntiX to use GParted to resize, and Robert is your mother's brother!

What else?

Oh yeah, work is as tedious as ever, I still have a to-do list that is far too long that I should stick in taskwarrior anyway, and it's nearly the weekend.

Finished Julian Baggini's "Philosophy: all that matters" and found it OK, although I think he seriously misses some points on basic logic and syllogisms (but that could just be me) - check it out, it's only a fiver on Kindle. As long as you don't expect too much analysis of some pretty powerful stuff - for example, more on Hegel and Kant would have been nice, but there I'm showing my bias!

Oh, and check out Phizzer's blog OK?!

No comments:

Post a Comment