Sunday, 29 December 2013

Netbook update

Updated my Ubuntu netbook today. Toyed with wiping and going over to lubuntu but as I have lxde installed anyway I thought there was no real gain.

Deleted a load of emails and gmails, uninstalled some software, updated din is noise, got cheesed off by firefox wanting to reset and having to be resynced (why?!) and the battery running out during an install...

But all seems well. I was going to go to 13.10 but then decide 12.04 LTS was the smarter choice.

Tried elementary OS in a VM on the desktop and was a little underwhelmed. Looked nice, but not for me. Thought about going Mageia on the netbook but I am not keen on the KDE netbook interface.

A bit more card handling and stuff, tidied my G+ circles and all is well with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment