Sunday, 15 December 2013

That Sunday night feeling

Remember when you used to get out of the bath on a Sunday night, and your heart would sink because you'd realise that you had a fresh week of school starting the next day?

Well, I have some of that feeling right now - another week of work looms.

On the upside, though, I have a wodge of job applications in, some of which sound quite promising, and some grand plans for 2014.

I had grand plans for 2012 and 2013 (in fact, all the way back to 2009), and some of the stuff I wanted to achieve I actually did, so I think that's a fine advert for the to-do list.

2014 is going to be marvellous, I am sure.

I know it's talking about the past, but as Dennis Hopper said in "Flashback":

"Once we get out of the eighties, the nineties are gonna make the sixties look like the fifties!"

No comments:

Post a Comment