Wednesday, 22 January 2014

Working hours

Well, a good deal of discussion has led to a number of decisions, mainly around working patterns and how viable different ways of working and locations would work.

Delighted to say that things are looking really positive.

Oh, and for information tonight I'm writing this on my OpenSUSE machine - the weekend promises a FreeBSD install on the Thinkpad, as the upgrade from 9.2 to 10.0 managed to fall apart a bit.

Not sure what went wrong, but X went a bit wonky (it was temperamental anyway), and so I'll have to shuffle some files around - probably using a live Linux distro and then go for it.

As an aside last weekend I threw all my Linux live DVD's away... but luckily one with Manjaro and Ubuntu 13.04 on it managed to survive by hiding in the drive of the machine which is now running PCBSD on a nice 120Gb HDD!

No comments:

Post a Comment