Monday, 19 October 2015

Progress is slow, but it is progress

So, what has been a-happening in my crazy world?

Well, I now have a virtual Centos server up and running, with KDE installed and a few other bits and bobs, with some slightly temperamental (at the moment) remote access. Seems to work from Kubuntu, but nothing else. Yet.

I've also managed to corral some data sources for healthcare data, now it's just a case of trying to work out how to get the information into my RIAK KV store. Again, this will come.

Also working on some analysis tools - still fancy having a go with Talend and Tableau, but a bit of a distance to go before I can really try them out because I need the data in RIAK first!

Egg... chicken...

Other than that, playing some guitar, sort of practising some card handling and stuff (need to do more of this), and generally tinkering. Also working on a space programme, but check out the SLUG blog for more on this.

That's all for now, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment