Monday, 23 November 2015

Databases, information and to-do lists

Right, back on the old FreeBSD Thinkpad for this one.

First up, been playing with arangoDB as a database, having toyed with others such as Neo4j, and have had some success both getting it onto my VM and onto a VM on my desktop machine.

Both of these are running CentOS7, which so far I am liking (especially with KDE, I'm afraid I just can't get my head around GNOME, sorry).

So next step is to get my health data in there (which means I will be spending some quality time with the manual...), and from there building some kind of a query front end, whether that is in JavaScript or PHP as yet I know not. It could even be in Ruby...

Which reminds me that I have to finish my Ruby online course, when I get a spare hour, and then I want to do a course on C/C++ if I get the chance (although I have less use for these at present).

Podcast wise I have some editing and uploading to do, and I want to put together a plan for 2016 - probably less regular, but with stronger (that is, more substantial, not more adult-themed) content.

I also have a dormant YouTube channel sitting around, which next year I will start throwing some content onto - I also need to put together some guitar "music" (I use the term loosely) and get that on the 'Tube, too.

Finally, I have loads and loads more to plan - but you know what? I actually feel like I am achieving things again!

COOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment